PRIVACY NOTICE Office of Neale Hanvey MP __________________________________________________________________________________ANNEX A: Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice relates to the personal data processed by the office of Neale Hanvey, Member of Parliament (MP) for the Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath constituency.
2.1 The Data Controller is Neale Hanvey MP.
2.2 Neale Hanvey MP’s staff are responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to collecting/processing their personal data and obtaining their consent to the processing of their data if required by the third parties with which the office will liaise in order to respond to constituents’ enquiries Where explicit consent is not required by third parties, the office is permitted to process data under the lawful basis of Public Task.
3. Privacy Notice
3.1 Regulatory Requirements
Neale Hanvey MP and his office takes your privacy seriously. We aim to ensure that the processing of all personal data in this office meets all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including the EU General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018.
3.2 Who are we and what do we do?
This office carries out the duties and functions of an elected Member of Parliament. As part of this work, we respond to enquiries from constituents and undertake casework to answer these enquiries on behalf of constituents. To do this we must process individuals’ personal data. The office may create and maintain an opt-in mailing list for sending newsletters and other information relevant to Neale Hanvey and his duties as a Member of Parliament. If you provide your express consent to receive these updates, they will be sent with an unsubscribe option which you can use to withdraw your consent at any time. On occasion Neale Hanvey MP will send out letters about issues of local concern or to publicise surgeries and public meetings to constituents in a specific geographic area or community. This will be only ever be carried out using data from the full electoral roll which is provided to Neale Hanvey in his role as a Member of Parliament.
3.3 How do we process data?
The office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of Public Task. In instances where this lawful basis is insufficient and explicit consent is required, Mr Hanvey or a member of his staff will contact you to establish your consent. The office is committed to ensuring that any information collected and used is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
3.4 Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have contacted the office about a personal or policy issue, we may pass your personal data on to a third party in order to address your enquiry. These third parties may include but are not limited to: local authorities, government agencies, public bodies and regulators. We will clearly communicate to you any actions we are taking on your behalf. Any third parties that we share your data with are obliged to store your details securely and to use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they ought to dispose of the details in adherence with their own procedures under all relevant data protection legislation. The office will not share any personal information of subscribers to the Neale Hanvey MP mailing list. In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
3.5 How does this office use the personal data it collects?
Our office will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date.
3.6 Under what circumstances will this office contact you?
If you raise an enquiry with us we will contact you to update you on the progress we are making until the issue is resolved. We undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions and will only request and store data relevant to your case. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. If you have opted into our newsletter mailing list then you will receive relevant updates on Neale Hanvey’s work as an MP.
3.7 How long will this office keep personal data?
Unless specifically requested by you, our office may hold your personal data for a maximum of one parliamentary term. Casework and policy queries are often revisited to provide the best service and representation for constituents, from whom we may continue to receive correspondence.
3.8 What rights do you have to your personal data?
Under GDPR regulations you have the following rights in relation to your personal data held by the office of Neale Hanvey MP:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review – if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
3.9 What can I find out about the personal data that the office of Neale Hanvey MP holds about me?
In line with the above and at your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Our identity and contact details.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing your data.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the office of Neale Hanvey or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
3.10 How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You may contact our office by letter, email, telephone or in person using the details below. Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold; this is to ensure data is not disclosed to any unauthorised party. The office of Neale Hanvey MP accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport, driving licence or birth certificate. Our office may make take further steps or request further evidence to ensure data is only disclosed to the data subject.
Neale Hanvey MP
206-210 High Street
Tel: 0207 219 6877
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Neale Hanvey’s office or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, details below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
https://ico.org.uk/ Document Owner and Approval
The Data Controller is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR. A current version of this document is available to all members of staff on the office SharePoint site. Signature: Date: 18/06/20 Change History Record Version Description of Change Approved By Date of Issue 1.1 Privacy Notice created Neale Hanvey MP 18/06/20